Saturday, January 14, 2012

Modern Day Technology

I remember growing up without the modern day luxuries. We only had one television in the house, our phone was rotary dial and when touch tone dialing came out it was a wondrous thing. Not to mention the 10 foot phone cord! When you wanted to listen to music it came first as a LP, migrated to a 8 track and on to the little cassette. The radio stations were not blaring advertisements and content was rated G.


But here we are and my internet was down and I thought I had lost a appendage. I reminisce about the days of my youth but I rely on today's technology. My grand baby came to stay the night and I have begun the task of teaching her how to crochet. She has picked it up like she was born to have yarn in her hand. It's nice to be able to hand down something my grandmother taught me. :) 


I did receive my 25 baby bantam chicks this week. They actually sent 27 and I lost one little guy. I posted on Craigslist but no takers as of yet. They are a beautiful mixed lot of chicks and I have a favorite a little Partridge Wyndotte that is so absolutely adorable! They are all darling. A few bits of soft corn last night and they were snatching and dashing around with the treasure they had found. 


The insurance company is sending over a offer this weekend and I am anxious in reviewing what she has put together. Of course I will be jumping on it since it is 10 minutes away from home. My hubby is out at the land today with our beloved chocolate lab looking at his friend's water well. The well has been put in but the pump and aerator needs to be installed. Just add it to the list of never ending expenses. 


Well off to get dressed and start my day. To each have a wonderful one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment